Per the Temperance Brewing Co-operative Ltd. bylaws, we advise each prospective member of the following rights and restrictions on Membership Fees;
1. The purpose of membership in the Temperance Brewing Co-operative is to support the cooperative in its ongoing mission to brew and supply craft brews to the community, not to gain profit for the member.
2. Temperance Brewing Co-operative Members agree to abide by the seven co-operative principles.
Voluntary and Open Membership
Democratic Member Control
Members' Economic Participation
Autonomy and Independence
Education, Training and Information
Cooperation among Co-operatives
Concern for Community
3. Members are entitled to receive notice of and to attend special meetings and vote on issues put before the membership. Each member has one vote per issue on Member Assembly issues. Voting by proxy is strictly prohibited. Members who also work for or are employed by the Cooperative have only one vote per person.
4. Membership in Temperance Brewing Co-operative Ltd. is open to all those 19 years of age and older, who accept the terms of this agreement, accept the bylaws, and pending final approval by the Board of Directors.
5. Membership may be terminated by death, resignation, or decision of the Board of Directors. Upon termination of membership, the Membership Fee is 100% refunded. If a member has assets in an investment (Community Bond or Member Loan) beyond the Membership Fee, capital shall be redeemed pursuant to the Investment Agreement. In order to resign your membership, and all benefits associated therein, a request in writing must be submitted to the Secretary. Refunds of Membership Fees can take up to 90 business days based on accounting cycles.
6. Memberships are non-transferable.
7. Members may call special meetings or cause a ballot as stated in the Bylaws*.
8. Members will receive annual reports and secure other material information concerning the Cooperative at the Annual Meeting (AGM) or by special request to the Board of Directors.
*Co-op policies and bylaws are available at http://www.temperancebrewing.ca/documents.
We strongly urge you to review the bylaws, policies, and business plan.
I certify that the contact information provided is complete and correct.
I certify that I have read and agree to the Membership Guidelines included on page 1 of this document.
I agree to pay the lifetime refundable Membership Fee of $125.00 as well as pay a one time non-refundable administration fee of $25.00 for this membership.
I will maintain valid addresses (both physical and electronic) on file with the Co-op, and understand that if I fail to do so, my Membership Fee will be forfeited to the Co-operative after a period of two (2) years of inactivity.
I will abide by the policies and bylaws of the Co-operative, and understand they are subject to change through the processes enumerated therein.
I agree to be added to a member communication mailing list and will receive periodic e-mails and written communications from the Co-operative.
I agree to have an account created for me on the website member forums. A username and temporary password will be emailed to me at the address provided.
I understand that my Membership Fee is an at risk investment that may not be returned to me in any capacity and may be forfeited entirely in the event the business does not succeed.
I agree to release the Co-op, its board of directors, and membership thereof, from any liability associated with the loss of all or part of my Membership Fee.